There are tons of considerations to make when you go to get a Brazilian wax. Which salon to visit, how soon prior to a vacation to get one, can you get one while on your period? (Answer to that last one: yes, but only if you’re wearing a tampon).
There is an additional consideration to keep in mind though: how much to tip for a Brazilian wax.
How Much To Tip For A Brazilian Wax
Getting a bikini wax – and a Brazilian wax specifically – can bring up feelings of stress and anxiety, especially considering the area that’s getting waxed!
You don’t want to be worrying about how much to tip for a Brazilian wax when you’re already worried about getting waxed in an intimate area.
However, it’s also important to remember that estheticians tend to get paid by commission so they rely on tips, similar to servers. Make sure you don’t wander out of a spa without tipping for your Brazilian wax – unless you have a very good reason!
There is no set dollar amount for a tip for a Brazilian wax. The costs will vary greatly based on the salon you go to or if you’ve combined it with another service. So, to find out the typical tip for a Brazilian wax, it’s better to focus on a percentage of the cost as a whole instead.
Average Tip For A Brazilian Wax
Depending on your experience and how happy you are with the service and the wax itself, 15%-20% is industry standard average tip for a Brazilian wax. However, how much you want to tip for your Brazilian wax can depend on a number of factors:
How did your Brazilian wax match up to your expectations?
- Top tip: most salons let you select the gender of your esthetician when booking online. For a Brazilian wax, it might alleviate some anxiety to specify this in advance and make sure you don’t end up in a situation that makes you uncomfortable.
- In addition, don’t be afraid to ask for what you want during your Brazilian wax- did they miss a spot around your bikini line? Do you have second thoughts about the shape you want? Most estheticians are happy to accommodate you. They’d rather know, trust us.
How did you feel while getting the wax?
- We won’t lie: any bikini wax is going to be painful to some degree. A good esthetician will make sure it is as pain-free as possible. If your waiter served you scalding hot food and didn’t warn you about it, you’d probably tip less than a waiter who made sure to let you know.
- A good esthetician will also respond to any discomfort you’re feeling and will give you a break if you need one. Don’t feel like you have to tough it out- if you need a breather, most estheticians will be accommodating to you.
Overall, how was the service you received?
- If you had outstanding service, let that reflect in your tip! Did your esthetician work efficiently and effectively? Did they make you feel comfortable and respond to your needs? Tipping for a Brazilian wax is by no means limited to the industry standard 15-20%.
Finally, it’s always a good idea to be truthful with your esthetician or salon in general about how you found your service.
For any kind of bikini wax service, your salon will definitely want to know what they can improve upon to ensure you have the best experience possible. If you tell them what they’ve done wrong, odds are your esthetician won’t do it again.
Top tip: if you have any specific concerns about your service, remember you can contact the salon in advance for peace of mind.
Eliminating The Tipping Woes: Bikini Wax Tipping Explained
If you stick to these guidelines, you won’t have to worry about how much to tip for a bikini wax on your next spa day. Start at the baseline industry standard of 15-20% of the cost of your bikini wax.
Feel free to tip at the lower end of this if your service was not up to your standards. Don’t forget to ask them for a modification before letting your displeasure be reflected in your tip, though- they may have a solution!
If you’re a regular customer and your particular esthetician has always treated you well, it’s always greatly appreciated to go above this standard! It will tell your salon what they’re doing right, and you might make someone’s day in the process.
Now that the hassle of tipping for a bikini wax has been explained, book your Brazilian wax today with Bare Necessities!